Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined a little while back and hoped to restore a family car. Here's a link to my intro post with a few pics:

Since that time, I've had the car looked at, and it needs work....lots of work. Way more work than I ever imagined.

Engine rebuild, Exhaust, Brakes, Leaf Springs, Interior, Radiator, Water Pump, Rust repair, Tires, etc. Great project car for someone with the time and know-how. Unfortunately, that's not me.

What is a reasonable asking price?

·
Premium Member
11,479 Posts
If you can find a prospective buyer who doesn't know what to look for when buying an old Mustang you can get $10,000 for it. As the prospective buyer becomes more knowledgeable the price goes down. Maybe $4-5,000?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Joined a little while back and hoped to restore a family car. Here's a link to my intro post with a few pics:

Since that time, I've had the car looked at, and it needs work....lots of work. Way more work than I ever imagined.

Engine rebuild, Exhaust, Brakes, Leaf Springs, Interior, Radiator, Water Pump, Rust repair, Tires, etc. Great project car for someone with the time and know-how. Unfortunately, that's not me.

What is a reasonable asking price?

I am very interested give me a call (443)846-1064

·
Registered
661 Posts
Take some good pictures of the entire under body, bottom of doors, inside the trunk, so we can get a better idea of the condition. I would think on the low end it would bring $7500ish as long as it isn't all rooted out and covered in bondo. If it is reasonably solid it would sell for $10,000 plus all day long. If it was in like new condition that price could double. It is a good color, V8 4V, Manual Trans, cool car a lot of guys would like to have either as a project or driver, depending on the actual condition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts