Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a reproduction rear seat frame available for a 65 coupe via the aftermarket? I can't seem to find one. Is this a swap meet or ebay deal? What do folks do that don't have a rear seat?

·
Registered
35,250 Posts
They are quite common. The 65-70 rear seat was all the same. Should be cheap. If you are actually forced to buy one, most of the cost will be shipping, so find one locally. $50 would be too much. Where are you?

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I see them on Craigslist all the time. Just make sure what you find isn't too rusty.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Coupe rear seats. I literally throw them out,I scrapped a couple this spring. Whereabouts are you located? I'd see if I could dig one up for you for free.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I'm in northern Kentucky near Cincinnati. 66HPGT, I would pay for shipping if you come across some more decent ones. Out of curiosity, what are you replacing the ones you throw out with?
Additionally I just want to say that I am just starting my build and the people on this forum are first class. I always get good answers/suggestions here unlike some other forums I belong to. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Shipping will kill you, talk to some classic mustang guys in your area or join a mustang club, what the other guys said-cheap OR FREE. Wes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts