Vintage Mustang Forums banner

65 Coupe Rear Seats

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  22GT 
#1 ·
I'm currently working on a restomod 65 coupe and am missing the rear seats. I can't seem to find any reporduiction seat frames for the rear; only 1967-69 and then they only seem to be flip down type for the fastbacks. Any idea why there doesnt seem to be any 65 repros or am I stuck looking on eBay for some, or maybe a different year will fit?

#5 ·
I have one in Nor Cal. Sent you a pm.

#8 ·
Has anyone done some sort of back seat eliminator kind of like the fastback. The back seat in a mustang is just slightly more usable than a back seat in a VW bug. When you have adults in the front seats there is no room in the back unless you don't have legs. Sadly a 737 has more room... The fastback was a much more practical design.

#10 ·
I'm also considering eliminating my 66 coupe rear seat. If I do keep my rear seat I have to narrow because of the mini tubs I installed. If I do keep the rear seat I may have to replace the rear upper because the PO had cut a large hole through the seat in two places trying to install a home made roll cage.

#15 ·
I'm still up in the air about eliminating the rear seat. If I put a 4 or 6 point cage in it I think the back seat may get left out.

Still would like to know if the very seat is the same height as a coupe seat but narrower.

#16 ·
I cut down a coupe back seat for a vert when I couldn't find an original. As I recall, I narrowed the sides and thinned down the top (front to back). As the vert tops are harder to find and worth considerably more, I'd be inclined to say don't chop one up, but rather narrow and use a coupe rear seat instead. How many did you want...? lol

#22 ·
I'm sure I will need a lot of stuff when I get further into my build but for now I need a DS door and a PS fender. Maybe I will just drive up so i can meet you and we can chat. I will bring the glass with me. I'm tied up the next two weekends. Going to Sebring tomorrow with my son and the following weekend will be in Bradenton drag strip with the family. We have family racing there that weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.