Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting the interior in my 65 coupe with blue and white(code 62) pony interior. I have noticed that the dash pad and package tray are significantly darker (medium to dark blue) than the door panels(light metallic blue) and there is no other blue to order for 65. is this correct or do i just have to dye them to match my doors.

Attachments

·
Vendor
4,098 Posts
Dash pads and package trays (in pretty much any car, universally) are always a darker shade of color, to mitigate GLARE, reflection in the windshield and rear glass. Your dash pad and package tray colors are correct. It is a false assumption to think that all of your interior components should be the same shade.. Depending upon interior color, it's not always the case.

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that i know the dash pad is supposed to be a darker blue than the doors, does the defrost vent match the doors or the dash? I feel like it should match the dash but it is painted the light blue of the doors. Not saying the po didn't paint it before i got it, i just want to put it together correct.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
It is the same color as the dash pad on the unrestored 66 with code 62 I have.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Now that i know the dash pad is supposed to be a darker blue than the doors, does the defrost vent match the doors or the dash? I feel like it should match the dash but it is painted the light blue of the doors. Not saying the po didn't paint it before i got it, i just want to put it together correct.
@myfirstcar66 is correct: the paint on the vent grill should match the dash pad. My money is on the PO not wanting to spend the extra money for the correct color paint. After all, it's probably the only piece of metal in the car painted that color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts