Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any write-ups orohelpful hints on how to remove the glass from my 65 doors? thanks in advance,Gmann.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Section 17-48 of the l965 Shop Manual lists the steps and has a diagram of the procecdure to remove the door glass. Shop manuals are available at most Mustang suppliers.

Good luck.
Mark Mosteller
Garden Grove, CA

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Not sure what the differences are from 65 to 67, but just finished that same job on our 67 today. I can't say my way is the right way, but here's what I did.

First, loosen the bolts holding the rear track (accessed from the back edge of the door). Then I removed all of the nuts under the door skin that hold the crank assembly in place. Then remove the crank assembly by working it forward in the door frame, until the rollers come off the track attached to the bottom of the window. Once it's loose, the whole crank assembly can come out.

Now it got tricky. I couldn't figure out how to get the rollers loose from the rear track. SO, I removed the vent windows next. Loosen the nuts, then work the frame around so you can take out the studs that the nuts were attached to with an allen wrench. Then lift the vent frame straight out the top.

Then you can remove the window by pulling the front out of the door, dropping the bottom rear corner down, and sliding the rear track off the rollers. That's the only way I figured out to get it off.

I'm probably going to have to by a shop manual to get the dumb things back together. ::

Hope this helps...or at least encourages you to buy the shop manual!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Someone posted very detailed instructions a few days ago. I saved the text in a 2 1/2 page word document that I can e-mail to you if you want. Just let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts