Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I need to know exactly where the ebrake spring under the car is connected. The one end is to the hole in the equalizer bar but where does the other end attach to the body? My old one was just hooked into one the holes ( that should of had a rubber plug in it) for accessing the seat nuts. That cant be right. I have not found a pic anywhere that shows where to attach it and the search on VMF did not turn up this question before. Who knows? Will you tell? THanks.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Look on the inside rear of the frame rail under the pax seat. You will see two holes, one above the other as I recall. The spring loops through those holes.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seen those two holes and was wondering if that would do. Those holes are on both sides and that made me think they were not for the ebrake. How did you manage to get that hook through those holes? the spring is long and I dont see how you can get the angle to in and back out with out bending it? just a PITA or what? THanks.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Charlie! Was a slight PITA but it went in and seems to be the right amount of tension at the correct angle.
THanks again!.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts