Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just wanted to know what a good sounding, but inexpensive dual exhaust system would be for a 65. The car currently has the original single exhaust because it is not a GT. I'm looking at the Flowmaster American Thunder system, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
flomaster 40 series are always good i have the super 44's on my truck and they sound great and looking to do either the 40 or 44 on the mustang both cost about the same only like $50 difference got it appraised to be around 750 total though..

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
May I recommend San Pedro Muffler (or any good local muffler shop). Allied has been making resonators (or glasspacks) for decades, they are excellent in design, flowing as well as just about any "performance muffler", have a nice deep tone, little bit of rumble and come in lengths raning from 10"" to 38" IIRR....most muffler shops stock their products which are mad in USA and have their distribution center in Montebello IIRR. The mufflers run $50 each and throw in $200 for hangers, tip etc, you should be done- with an excellent system that will last a long, long time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts