Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent some time searching, found threads so old they had links to articles hosted on Geocities sites...

I'm thinking I should have 3 point belts in my 65 fastback. For various reasons, I don't feel comfortable with the kits that have the top anchor point close to even with or below shoulder height. That rules out the the seatbeltplanet kit that CJ sells.

I looked at a bunch of options, leaning towards a seatbeltplanet universal kit. I'm thinking of using this hole, reinforced of course, for the top bolt, probably an 8" shoulder loop extension down to the actual belt so it's right over the shoulder. Mounting the main reel behind the fiberglass panel, buying some repop panels so I can slot them and not my originals and running the belt up out and over and back to the original seat belt nut in the rocker panel.

Thoughts? If you know of a thread of a similiar mounting let me know in case I messed it in my search.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Reactions: jtfx6552

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here’s the thread I followed, and link to the vendor. I bought em, just need to install!

1965 Coupe 3 Point Seatbelt Install
Great Thread! I missed that one in my search. How do you like it for the front seats? Does the top hanger work good that way? It looks to be about the 8 inches from the top anchor point to where the belt goes through, same as I was figuring on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts