Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting the car ready to ship out for paint. Couple questions for the experts:

1) Is there a seal that goes between the body & louver panel? Also wondering if I should try to take the time to clean up the edge. Looks like it's pitted away in a few spots. My car will be white and I think these spots may stand out a bit. Am I worrying to much about it or should I fix. I think I still have some muggy weld left to use as a filler metal.

2) What's the purpose of the two black pieces on top of the chrome grills? I only have these two and it looks like they go in this spot. Don't have two for the other side of the car. Do I have them in the right spot and do I really need them?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Dan below are photos of mine after removing from the car. The black covers I think is to prevent wind and rain from blowing into the car went the vents are in the open position. Would imagine more air could be extracted if they were not in place to obstruct airflow.

Not sure if it was factory stock but right where your trim is pitted mine had a thin bead of seam sealer in the small valley between the lip of the trim and the body of the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts