Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I have a 65 GT fastback and I would appreciate some advice re a diff problem.

The diff has a noise and would most likely be coming from a ring and pinion fault. (Hopefully the terminology ''crown wheel and pinion'' used in Australia means the same thing).

I know of a few people here (in Australia) who have had the old r&p parts replaced with new ones only to find that the noise remains. The commonly held belief is that aftermarket parts from other than US manufactures are the cause. However, in some cases it is suspected that even when parts have been stamped ‘Made in the US’, they haven’t been manufactured in the continental US: they may have been manufactured offshore by a US based company perhaps? Use of recycled metals has also been cited as a possible issue.

The question is ‘how do you make sure that the parts that you order will do the job’? Perhaps someone who has experience of getting around this problem would be able to offer advice re genuine US manufacturers. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Some very good gears come out of Korea now. Check into Revolution gears
Most US gear companies use imported gears of different quality

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Hard to beat good original stuff...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts