Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Trying to accumulate some missing parts for a new fastback I ended up buying and was hoping someone may have a lead on original or repop interior trim that I need. A PO cut into the trim to accommodate for a roll bar as they were going to make a Shelby Clone. I’m planning on cutting the roll bar out and returning the interior to mostly stock form. Here’s a picture of the trim I’m looking for, I need both sides.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Fastback T5 331 TCI Frt End, Canted 4 link rear susp
441 Posts
Hey all,

Trying to accumulate some missing parts for a new fastback I ended up buying and was hoping someone may have a lead on original or repop interior trim that I need. A PO cut into the trim to accommodate for a roll bar as they were going to make a Shelby Clone. I’m planning on cutting the roll bar out and returning the interior to mostly stock form. Here’s a picture of the trim I’m looking for, I need both sides.
Geez...they really cut into that!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I might have at least one of those. I sold my fastback last summer, so I don't have a need. I need to look through my spare parts. I remember seeing one recently on a "dig"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
511 Posts
The 66FB project I bought 3 years ago was a painted shell. I had to source all interior panels so I was on ebay and craigslist every morning and any time I could spare. I found most of them on ebay at a very reasonable price. Just keep looking, they are out there.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Use this for your ebay search box and it should give you quite a few results.

fastback interior trim (1965,1966,66,65)

Or you can repair those pieces with fiberglass and bond them to the larger front piece. Then sand down the grain and paint them all. Not a stock appearance, but that's how I'm doing my car.

Here's a work in progress shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts