Awesome! Sounds like you will be on the road soon. I do have to ask though....I would have thought you would have already gotten the test fitting out of the way(at least with a junk block)? I guess its not critical without shock towers prior to epoxy primer though(much more room to play with)Ok, an update at last! Spent a number of hours working on the forks for the front loader on my tractor. What does that have to do with my Mustang? Let me tell the story.
My brother borrowed the brush/pallet forks to use on his tractor. The forks were built for my 33 HP tractor, his is somewhere about 70 HP. Which means his tractor over powered them, breaking them. Sooooo....I had to get my stick welder, plasma cutter, grinder etc out to repair them because hopefully I will be needing them next week when I get a delivery.
Engine has been ordered, new Gen 3 Coyote crate motor on the way! Spreading the costs out over a few months...alternator, headers, starter, AC compressor, power steering, control pack, transmission and all the stuff that goes with transmission. So it is bare motor but soon I will be test fitting.
I was very fortunate and found a low mileage 2017 GT at auction that had a junk title status, so it sold cheap. One of the best reasons to buy a complete engine is to get the accessory drive, alternator, AC compressor, etc. Those items add up fast when dressing out a crate engine.Believe me, the thought had crossed my mind and I looked around for a junk engine. I did a LOT of measurements and I don't believe the engine itself will be an issue, might have to make a few concessions for accessories though. I am sure that a remote oil filter is in the works. And of course, headers might be fight.
I had to go with a remote filter relocation kit as well(modified the stock housing base by cutting it down and tapping for the remote lines....the problem with using black-sheep motors is there is no aftermarket for little things like that...or much of anything, have to make pretty much everything). If I were you though, my main concern would be trans fitment. I know you aren't using the MT82 like me...but the T56 is still significantly larger than a T4 or T5, My main problem is that because I retained the stock rear-steer, front sump setup, the drag link dictated engine height, so unlike a rear sump, front-steer setup I couldn't drop the engine to make more room and my tunnel mods became....extreme:Believe me, the thought had crossed my mind and I looked around for a junk engine. I did a LOT of measurements and I don't believe the engine itself will be an issue, might have to make a few concessions for accessories though. I am sure that a remote oil filter is in the works. And of course, headers might be fight.
Those measurements definitely show I would get a little more room, and it could be in the end, I will have to take that route. Might depend on how the motor sets down in the K member.Saving a $1000 bucks is always a good thing. Glad to see you were able to reclock the flange to gain room.
For reference, here are a few drawings of the 471071 Ultimate Headers for reference showing how tightly they fit to the block.
View attachment 762686 View attachment 762687 View attachment 762688
Here is a pic with of the DS header installed.
I also used their low profile clamps with O2 bungs. I had the clamps welded on to the collector on my set to provide the O2 bung and provide some adjustability in alignment. I still need to add an additional section to bring the outlet parallel to the floor.
Find Ultimate Headers Extreme Low-Profile Clamps 997251-O2 and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! Ultimate Headers Extreme Low-Profile clamps offer an innovative solution for connecting exhaust system tubing when ground or body clearance is a problem. Cast from the same...www.summitracing.com
More work to do, but exhaust is far down on my list for now.