Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Lockdown is progress. I have had the brackets for the Sanden adaption to the 5.0 stock serpentine setup on my workbench for a few weeks. I finally did the surgery to get the compressor installed, finishing the front end, and the motor as a whole, for the most part. I still have some cable managment, hoses and electrical, but all that happens once its in the car.

Some details and more pictures for anyone interested in a few more details on the blog: Mounting a Sanden AC Compressor with the 5.0 Serpentine Belt

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Doing little things here and there, I restored the fastback side vent shutters. Mostly just disassembling, blasting, painting, and assembling. Not much in the way of replacement parts for these. I did replace the chrome handle, but reused everything else. When I can go to the hardware store again, I need to get some screws. I couldnt find an AMK kit for these either.

When I get around to buying new screws, I will probably also use some trim black to paint the plastic shutter, just so it doesn't stick out so much. For now though, they go back on the shelf until I am ready to test fit the rear interior.

I may tackle the exterior vent/louvers in the near future. The only holdback is getting the paint off. I need a plan so I don't have small parts lying around too long while I strip and clean the metal.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts