Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missing the bracket and bushing that supports the trunk spring/rod on my '65 fastback. Are these parts common to all models? Will I find one on a '65 or '66 coupe?

If not, any ideas on where to find one?

http://home.attbi.com/~brianbenthin/images/trunk_spring_bracket.jpg

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
As posted before, I suggest you fab one yourself out of some metal and 3/8' fuel line.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also have been looking for the same bracket, isolator and screws. Matt Rosa who owns Ponderosa Mustang just found one for me. His e-mail address is [email protected] and his VMF handle is PonderosaMustang. Try him...he's a great guy who knows how to take care of people.

Fstbk65
Joe Jarczewski

·
Registered
923 Posts
The bracket is only used on the Fasstback. It would be easy to make. use a pretty thick metal, as thick as what is used by Ford. We used a gas rubber line cut to size. All the bracket does is support the spring, it has very little force on it
Dave

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
About 12 months ago, mine went missing after a hasty and disorganized disassembly of my 66. I posted the same question and came up with no good source for these things.

Dickson Griswold, who posts here as Dickson, sent me one he had fabricated. Shortly after receiving it, my original showed up. You are welcome to the one Dickson sent me if you like.

Just let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts