Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS HOPING TO MAKE THE BOURBONAIS SHOW, BUT RAN INTO SOME PROBLEMS.....THE 351 CLEVELAND I GOT WITH THE CAR ISN'T GOING TO WORK OUT. LOOKING INTO A CRATE MOTOR, ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS . LOOKED AT FORD RACING PRODUCTS, COAST HIPERF, KEITH CRAFT AND D&D MOTORSPORTS. OF THIS GROUP D&D HAD THE MOST BANG FOR THE BUCK, BUT WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT ON RELIABILITY OF THESE MOTORS AND OTHERS. ANYONE WITH ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THE ABOVE GROUPS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FEEL. ALSO, LOOKING FOR INPUT ON ANY OTHERS I DIDN'T MENTION.....TRYING TO KEEP THE MOTOR IN THE 5K RANGE CONSIDERING I STILL HAVE TO BUY THE TKO500 AND ADD'L PARTS..... THANKS

CONGRATS TO JACK AND 'LACEY' ON 2ND PLACE IN THEIR DIVISIONS, I HAVE SWING BY AND SEE THE 66 VERT.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I've got a Keith Craft stroker big block and I love it. It wasn't cheap, but hp never is. Although, when I compared the quality of the build up and it's horespower level, KC was better than anyone else I looked at (for FE engines). A VMFer on the main forum has recently had a stroker small block built for him by Keith Craft, you may want to contact him regarding pricing, customer satisfaction ,etc.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Check out www.dssracing.com in St Charles. They have built some killer motors for the NMRA guys. Their 306 bullet motor is right at 4k with aluminum heads. If you want stroker they have a number of 347 long blocks right at 5k.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts