Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 65 FB I am doing there is a 1 inch, maybe a bit wider, band that goes from one door to the other , around the back area between the upper and lower fiberglass mouldings. On this one there are 6 pieces. I called my supplier today and his 65 FB only has 4 pieces. I am missing one piece on mine and that is on the drivers side. This piece is approx 1 1/2 inches long and about an 1 inch wide with one end straight and the other at about a 60 degree angle. On his car he doesn't have these two, one on each side, small pieces and has never seen them..Anyone out there know what I am referring to and if anyone has these or not? It is the only piece I am missing for my entire interior , would be nice to find it.
Thanks .....Don

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
A picture would really be worth a thousand words on this one. My own F/B has but four pieces that make up the finishing trim your talking about. I've never had an occasion to see any variation to that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
On my 65 2+2 there are 7 pieces to the trim between the interior pannels. There is a small piece centered over the trap door. The two end pieces on mine are 1 1/8" long but they are not bent but are straight. My car was built at San Jose, where was yours built? There might be different styles used at different plants or even different styles used at different times in the same plant. My 66 2+2 doesn't have the end pieces on the trim pieces.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm in the same boat. When I put the trim on my 65 FB last week, it too, was about 3/4 inches short. I have seen cars with the 2 extensions, but I thought that they were just moulded in the long piece. I think that in 66 they made the piece about an inch longer, but just curved. Just my thoughts.. Let me know how it turns out, as I need either 2 short pieces or the longer ones also.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mine has the end pieces too .... not sure why some might not.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are the pieces so it is only on certain cars, mine is a Dearborn car, March 8th product. 7 pieces is right, must have counted the center piece over the trapdoor twice..Have you seen any of these anywhere for sale???
Thanks

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
March 8th? There goes my early '65 (Sept-November '64) fastback theory. All the '65 FBs I've owned came from San Jose. I had/have two Dec '64 FB without the little end pieces, I had a February '65 FB without the end pieces too. My October '64 built half-a-fastback had the end pieces. Unfortunately I hated monkeying with the extra pieces so I converted to the "newer" style. I already gave the end pieces away. Sorry.

Dean T

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
LOL I have been looking for the passenger side for 2 months now...Mine 65 was built 10/64 in San Jose..I may have a line on some..if I can get a left side i will let you know, as i don't need it..If someone has a right side..please let me know!
blkstlln

1 - 9 of 9 Posts