Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to order a fuel line and have it go threw the torque box like the one on my 70FB. Do they do that with the 67/68 with the TB? If so I’m thinking that line kit may work.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
There is a hole on the DS torque box(at least the one I ordered from VA Mustang) that could be used for such a purpose...but I would not recommend it....all you are doing is adding a risk of chafing for no reason. For brake lines and fuel lines both I suggest running them along the top of the tunnel....but that type of routing means bending your own lines....which is quite easy with a simple bending tool and a roll of tubing...but stock routing on BOTH fuel and brake lines is pretty bad if you ask me, needlessly hanging them far lower than they need to be and getting in the way of removal of certain pieces.

·
Registered
35,122 Posts
Looking to order a fuel line and have it go threw the torque box like the one on my 70FB. Do they do that with the 67/68 with the TB? If so I’m thinking that line kit may work.
Thanks
Unless you've added convertible torque boxes to your '66 hardtop you don't have to worry....

If you DID add convertible torque boxes and want the fuel line to go through it, you'll be drilling holes.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bart, Its a 65 Fast back and the TQ boxes have a holes in them in almost same places as my 70 FB does and figured I would run the gas line threw there instead of where it was factory run...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts