Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Brian, I've got a template set that positions all this, along with the cutout and the "MUSTANG" letters. It's all yours if we can arrange a way to get it to you.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be cool Dan. Where are you, Snohomish?
I already have the holes for the MUSTANG and GT badging. Think it's still worth the trip? I was planning on centering the middle stripe over the MUSTANG holes vertically. Not sure if that would get me close enough.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Stripe position is pretty simple I think. Where the template really came in handy for me was those MUSTANG letters. What brand stripes are you getting? I HIGHLY recommend Graphic Express. Their stripes already have the correct cutout for the MUSTANG, and they are much better lasting that the first repro stripes I bought.

Anyway, if you want the template just let me know, but I think it's pretty simple to line the stripes up without it. MM had a good article on this a year or so back.

G

·
According to a Ford engineering drawing I have, the stripes come off the bottom of the doors 1/8" and then wrap around the edges of the doors and wheel-wells.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.