Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are currently in my car, but will come out shortly. I think I would like to have a set of freshly rebuilt, ported and polished 351W heads as replacements. I'm thinking about a"blkfrd"-style 331 stroker project. I figure these correct HIPO heads would serve someone else better in helping to keep a top notch car correct. By the way, these have new valves with triple springs.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Well crap, I just sold what you were looking for.

But, I do have another set of C9 or DO0E 351W heads in the barn, just need rework. They are untouched, but porting and polishing would not be a problem to get done. Have some perfect almost new valves out of some late model GT-40 heads (1.84/1.54) that could go with them. Perhaps you could keep your springs? Anyway, if you're interested, let me know. Big thing would be that I probably can't get these heads done for about a month or so.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm being told that these correct K code heads are worth money, but no one will say how much. Anyway, I would only be interested in trading if the set I was trading for was totally re-done; valves, quality port & polish from a reputable shop, etc.

I'm not in a big hurry. It will probably be close to a month before I get them off my car. That's just the way things seem to go around my place! ::

If you get yours done, let me know. I may entertain offers for a straight sale, as well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mark,
What the date codes on your heads? I need to build a K-motor
for my car to be correct. I've got a pair of 70 351W heads,
That have had screw in studs recessed valve springs, and
according to my neighbor have the largest valves that were
in a 351W. They haven't have and polished or porting done but we could work that out if you might be interested. Please
e-mail me at [email protected] if you would like to maybe
so something. I'm only about 4 hrs from you in Nebraska.
Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kevin,

I don't think I have the date codes written down. I know they are '65. Can I find the date codes on the heads without removing the valve covers; I forget? I used to have some pictures of them, but that was before my most recent hard drive crash. I'll see what I can find.

I've almost been convinced, by others on this forum, to forego the idea of using the 351W heads. I think I'll just consider an outright sale. That would help defray the costs of my rebuild, as well.

Stay in touch.

Mark

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mark,
You would have to take the valve covers off in order to
check the dates on them. My car was a May 25th, 1965
build and I would be very interested in your heads if that
dates would work for me.
Thanks,
Kevin