Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at California Mustang's "How to Restore your Mustang" by Larry Dobbs and Donald Farr. On 6-6 it has a chart that shows a cross reference of exterior/interior color combos. For Rangoon Red, it has an "X" next to only Red-Code 65, Black-Code 66, White w/Blk Appointments-Code F6, and White/w Palomino Appointments.

Question #1
Were the above "factory recommendations" or "only available" w/Rangoon Red? My data tag reads F5 White with Red Appointments.

Then it goes on to say...that the following should be white on codes F5 and F6 (Deluxe Interior). Instrument Panel, steering column, kick panels, door panels, console.

and F5-Red, and F6-Black for crash pad, spkr grille, lower windshield molding, windshield post, sun visors, metal door surfaces, quarter trim panels, seat belts and carpeting.

Question #2
If the above is correct for color locations for F5 and F6, what color are the seats, quarter upholstery and boot?

Thanks for the help, hope it wasn't as confusing as it is to me.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
You can add D5 and D6 to that list as well. They are white/red appts (D5) and white/black appts (D6).

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(Deluxe Interior) not standard.

·
Registered
460 Posts
#1. Those were only "factory recommendations", you could order any color interior that you wanted.
#2. The seats would be white and the quarter upholstery red. I don't know about the boot, my guess would be red, but white would also look good.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Basically on the interiors with appointments.Example the white with red appointments.The carpet,seatbelts,dashpad,speaker cover and dash trim along the lower edge of the windsheild would be red.everything else would be white.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it appears that there is alot of different views on what is correct here. Will try to research a little more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts