Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at California Mustang's "How to Restore your Mustang" by Larry Dobbs and Donald Farr. On 6-6 it has a chart that shows a cross reference of exterior/interior color combos. For Rangoon Red, it has an "X" next to only Red-Code 65, Black-Code 66, White w/Blk Appointments-Code F6, and White/w Palomino Appointments.

Question #1
Were the above "factory recommendations" or "only available" w/Rangoon Red? My data tag reads F5 White with Red Appointments.

Then it goes on to say...that the following should be white on codes F5 and F6 (Deluxe Interior). Instrument Panel, steering column, kick panels, door panels, console.

and F5-Red, and F6-Black for crash pad, spkr grille, lower windshield molding, windshield post, sun visors, metal door surfaces, quarter trim panels, seat belts and carpeting.

Question #2
If the above is correct for color locations for F5 and F6, what color are the seats, quarter upholstery and boot?

Thanks for the help, hope it wasn't as confusing as it is to me.

---------------------

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
White with red/black appointments would have red/black in the following locations:

-Dash pad
-Windshield trim & defroster grill
-Carpet
-Seat Belts
-Kick panel carpet

The windshield pillars would be white. The door panels and the interior door shell would be white. Quarter trim will be all white.

There have been cars with the red w/white insert seats and red door shell w/white door panels. This was never a Ford color combination, although alot of people like that combo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts