Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what would be a good price for a 65 fastback K code just seen one today for sale and the guy is asking for 20k. it is nicely restored with HiPo engine in it i verified the vin and it is a K code just wondering if anybody would not think this was a good price.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
That is a great price for a restored K-code fastback, especially IF it has all the correct drivetrain ! The Vin # of the car will be on the Passenger side of the block just above the oilpan up near the altenator. Hard to see sometimes... but it should be there if its the original engine. Vin # will also be on the close ration tranny and verify the correct 9inch rear is there. Atleast, pop a valve cover and confirm it has the correct heads. Lots of parts make-up a correct K-code engine, Look for the large balancer, better flowing cast iron headers, dual point dist, 1.12 Autolite 4100 carb w/ manual choke, different motor mounts, 4 blade fan, etc... Good luck, sounds Great to me ! Post some pics.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
If it's a nicely restored Fastback for 20K, then it's worth it even if it doesn't have all the correct parts. IMHO

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Blocks were the same as all other 289s.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Be careful, 20k for a restored k code fastback with it's original engine sounds a little fishy to me.Not saying you didn't stumble onto a great deal just exam it closely and make sure it is what it is advertised as.

mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts