Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Don't believe I've seen it. It appears to be one I have listed as 5F08K748826 - from earlier for sale ads

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Thats the one that has been on Ebay several times. It is a dealer out on the West Coast. They originally had a BIN of 6 figures if I remember correctly.

If I remember correctly, Charles said the dealer bought the car at RM for big bucks.

G

·
Yep, that's the one that broke my '65 convertible price record at auction. It was sold last year at either Barrett or Russo/Steele. They paid about $75k for it with auction fees added in. It's a nice car, I'd like to get it for a couple weeks and fix some things. Wouldn't take much to make that car stand strong.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Is that the same car that was trailered in for judging at the Concord show then loaded up right afterward?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info, guys. I wonder why he chose Kruse to sell it rather than BJ or R&S? The Kruse list isn't nearly as impressive ($$$$$) as the other buy's auctions.

Do you think it will bring the big 6-000's?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
dallas702 said:
Thanks for all the info, guys. I wonder why he chose Kruse to sell it rather than BJ or R&S? The Kruse list isn't nearly as impressive ($$$$$) as the other buy's auctions.

Do you think it will bring the big 6-000's?
Personal opinion . . . No. Although it is a nice car, I don't see it special enough to bring 6 figures.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
CharlesTurner said:
Yep, that's the one that broke my '65 convertible price record at auction. It was sold last year at either Barrett or Russo/Steele. They paid about $75k for it with auction fees added in. It's a nice car, I'd like to get it for a couple weeks and fix some things. Wouldn't take much to make that car stand strong.
Must have been R&S, no listing for Barrett.

G

·
Yep, I think you're right, it was R&S last year.

I seriously doubt the car will get anywhere close to $100k, but that doesn't mean the car isn't worth that much. To take a real K convertible to that level would take a substantial investment.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My Dad restored that K vert.. now has my 73 Vert as a show and go car. Got rid of the trailer too.
I had the luck of seeing it sell again at R and S last year in AZ.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CharlesTurner said:
It would be nice for that car to be in the hands of an enthusiast soon. Hopefully it will sell at Kruse.
Yes. It would be nice to see it not being turned over every year.

I have some pics that were emailed to me by Kruse (interior, under, and engine). If someone can post them easily I will forward the set to them. There's 19 total but they're not very big.

It will be interesting to see what foreign money does in the "big" market this year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts