Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, i am currently restoring my '65 Coupe and have began taking body panels off, i have made it to the roof and noticed the framing under the roof panels are rusted out pretty bad, my body guy wanted me to try and find some replacements but the mustang shop near me has recently closed down, and Dynacorn dosnt sell any coupe roof braces, so i am here looking for advice on either where to find these , advice on how to go along repairing this if their are no replacement parts ,aswell as maybe even finding a donor roof here off someone doing a fastback conversion, if you can help please comment below ,thanks in advance
Mr96

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am located in San DIego, California. pictures where just uploaded 5 mins ago , let me know if this is worth working w or just getting one of the roofs on hand from one of you guys :) thanks in advancwe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see a few buy me for sale where r u located?
I am located in San DIego, California. pictures where just uploaded 5 mins ago , let me know if this is worth working w or just getting one of the roofs on hand from one of you guys :) thanks in advancwe

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
695 Posts
Your braces aren’t that bad but where the braces meat the wheel well is bad really bad that’s the area you’ll need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you have some pics of the sections you are looking for?
images are up :) i have new panels for the roof just the braceing and structure is rotted, and need drip rails but no one makes them for coupes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your braces aren’t that bad but where the braces meat the wheel well is bad really bad that’s the area you’ll need.
yeah cant find those anywhere, project got bumped up an extra 2k for the roof repairs that id be looking at if i was to have him try and fabricate and match it as best he could , any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
695 Posts
Truthfully he could fabricate it but it’s not gonna be cheap. There’s someone by me in New York with a parts car you could get them off of but you’re in ca

1 - 20 of 23 Posts