Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My floor tunnel was butchered for some sort of shifter in it's earlier days. I have a donor 66' tunnel to repair this problem. Was wondering if you guys have a sure way to ensure I don't mess this up. The 65' is a 4spd car, and the 66' donor is an auto, I don't think there is a difference but if there is, now would be a good time to know it. Thanks again in advance for any info.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would compare the two tunnels. i don't think there is any differences whether its an auto or manual. The new dynacorn full floor doesn't give you an option of what transmission is going to be used with. So if the donor tunnel doesn't work out you could always use a new full floor pan

·
Registered
35,863 Posts
Nope. No difference. A lotta measuring before and during is a must.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was figuring 22GT, I'm just looking for an experts reinsurance that i'm going in the right direction. My floors are solid so I never considered a total front floor repacement.
Thanks again...AL

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am assuming the rest of the floor is in good shape with little to no rust? if not, you might be better off just replacing it with a complete one piece floor. Otherwise,if at all possible, leave the front cross member, and the seat platform in to keep things from moving. Also, only replace what needs to be replaced. the less you cut out, the less likely something is to move.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SiGuy, well, if I blow it, I have a backup plan, thanks.........AL

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's the stuff I need to know dvdrose, I would have never thought of that.
Thanks again...AL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts