Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through several posts with similar issues, but nothing quite like I’m having.

The horn on my 65 has never worked correctly. I wired a temp fix several years ago (separate horn button on the column using the yellow/green and separate constant power) but recently swapped out the turn signal wiring and was hoping that would fix the issue. It did not. I know my wiring is correct in the harness, but when I press the horn the yellow wire post sparks and (obviously) the horn does not activate.

Clearly it’s a constant power issue but any thoughts on what might be causing this? I’m stumped.

·
Premium Member
15,046 Posts
Do you understand how the horn system works? The relationship of the spring loaded contacts in the turn signal switch, the slipper rings on the back side of the steering wheel hub and the fact that the outer steering column tube can be moved up and down to adjust the pressure on the spring loaded contacts?
It sounds like your horn button is grounding the power wire when you press the button but your job is to find why this is happening.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.