Vintage Mustang Forums banner

'65 Mustang Options

998 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Nick66 
#1 ·
I just bought a '65 "K" Fastback and it came with the original window sticker. Can someone tell me what the Accent Group option and the Visibility Group option included? Thanks for the space.

G
#3 ·
the accent option on a fastback is simply a 1/8" wide painted on pinstripe that runs above the body lines from the front of the fender around the quarter indentation and back to the fender. on coupes and convertibles, the option meant that the quarter ornaments were not installed.

the visibility group in 1965 consisted of 2 speed wipers and windshield washer system, driver side remote mirror and a day/nite rearview mirror.

#4 ·
I have a 66 with the accent group. It consist of a stripe similar to the 67/68 "C" stripe, but only about 1/8" inch wide that starts behind the headlight ext. on the fender and goes back and around the 1/4 louvers (scoops) (behind the doors), and back toward the front wheel wells. The chrome 1/4 louvers were deleted with the accent group, and the stripe color was usually the same color as the interior. Someone had mentioned that the rocker chrome trim were part of the accent group on the 66's, but I'm not certain on 65's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.