Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I posted a few pictures of my project a few months ago here:
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/v...w-pictures-my-1965-coupe-289-restoration.html

I am now about 98% done with the project (I know the project is never really finished) and thought I would show a few recent pics. I just have to add the lower moldings and figure out what to do with the drip rail area. Also need to add a stereo to the glove box area.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Lookin good BDE! One question though, your obviously not going with a concours restoration, so why are you still using a jelly jar type master cylinder? Not a criticism just wondering. kip

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lookin good BDE! One question though, your obviously not going with a concours restoration, so why are you still using a jelly jar type master cylinder? Not a criticism just wondering. kip
Hello,
I kept that master cylinder just because I had it. I plan to change it over down the road. Thanks for the compliment. :)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
That looks amazing! Very nice work. What needs to be done to the drip rails?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Very nice!!! I like the "mini me" on the package shelf!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks amazing! Very nice work. What needs to be done to the drip rails?
Thanks!
I can't get the repro's to go on correctly, horrible fit. I am either going to look for some originals or just have the drip rails painted body color....unless there is a better alternative?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Looks awesome. I hope mine comes out half as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I saw the old pics.. it looked good then.. now well.. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO sweet ride.. and love the color too...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wow! That is a beautiful car...nice job to say the least. Those TTDs look incredible against the red paint too.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Very nice looking ride you have there!!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Thanks!
I can't get the repro's to go on correctly, horrible fit. I am either going to look for some originals or just have the drip rails painted body color....unless there is a better alternative?
I would look for some original drip rail moldings. I don't know why the repop drip rails are so cheesy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts