Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, kid in my dorm has a 65 or 66 fastback, i know he told me i just forget. Anyway, it supposedly has 14,300 original miles on it. Ive looked it over and it looks like its in great shape, no rust that i can find, havent checked the cowls, but there was not a rust bubble to be seen on any outside panels and they were as smooth at could be. As far as i can tell the only non original stuff besides, oil, fluids, airfilters and that kinda thing are the tires and the fact that the guy cut the dash to fit a cd player. Other than that the inside is in great shape as well. My question is 2 fold. What might htis car be worth?...and, would it be a waste to start modifying a car that only has 14000 original miles on it?
Sorry i dont have any pics yet, didnt have a camera with me.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
It doesn't have 14k miles on it...it has 114,000...or it might be 14k on the rebuilt motor. THere is no doubt about that. Still it sounds nice...hard to state a value with the information provided but based on experience I would gut feel it to prob be worth in the 9-12k range for a 'c' code in various stages of pretty nice shape. PIcs and vin will help.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, thanks, will post again when i get a chance to snap some pictures and copy the vin number. Yeah, i was a little suspicious of a college kid using a 14000 mile car as his daily driver unless both he and teh guy he bought it from had no clue what it was worth.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe, if its true he got it with 4300 original miles and been driving it around since i swear ill shoot him.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Even if he did get it with 4300 miles he would need to rebuild the motor, trans, new bushings, etc. from lack of use. One of the cruelest things to do to a car is not to drive it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
look very closely at the odom if the numbers are even the slightest out of alinment then I would say it cranked over to 114k miles. I have worked on two just a few months ago and the odoms didn't line up even thought the owers said it had low miles. You don't know what you got till you open it!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Since we all agree it is probably 114,000 you will need to provide some more information on the car. The info off of the door tag and the VIN would be a good start.
Drew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts