Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought a new bushing from a mustang supplier, that didnt fit. I then bought another one from a local auto parts store, that one isnt correct either. I'm starting to get crazy, I dont know what to do next. The 2 bushing I bought are both totally different, but are both supposed to be for the same application. I really dont want to have to get a new bracket, arm and bushing as that would cost me an extra $75, anyone have any suggestions.

THANKS
SCOTT
65CONV, C-CODE, T10, 4BBL
ITS ALMOST DRIVABLE, WOOOOHOOOO

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Is the idler arm different from manual steering? I think I paid $28 for a new McQuay-Norris made idler arm including bushing (Autozone). It looked exactly like the original except it was new.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I see in all the parts catalogs it is different. They are listed with different part #'s. I did however just notice that the one I picked up at the local supplier has the same part # as one of the bushings I see in the NPD catalog part #12183, its a TRW part, different than the other from CJ. Maybe at some point the PO changed something. I think I might end up having to buy a new arm and bracket, *[email protected]!.. I did check at the local autozone and they said it wasnt available. Thanks again..

SCOTT
65CONV, C-CODE, T10, 4BBL
ITS ALMOST DRIVABLE, WOOOOHOOOO....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts