Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have a problem with my 65 rally-pac, I hook it up clock and tach worked great, the battary ran down(don't know if it had anything to do with it), charged battary and when I started the car clock works fine, but tach does not work at all now. I checked all connections and have power at all of them. Could tach just quit working after sitting on a shelf for a few years and then be used? When I bought this I was told it came out of the car in 67 and I got it about 2 years ago when I started on my car and now it's back together. Any one got any ideas?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Are you sure you have the tach connected correctly? You have to be careful connecting the tach. You can not just connect it to the distributor side of the coil like an aftermarket tach. To connect it correctly you have to connect one wire to the ignition switch red w/green stripe wire and the other to the pink resistor wire under the dash. The blue wire with red stripe is for the light in the tach and connects to a red plug under the dash with the same color coded wires. It is possible to short the tach out and render it useless.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it has points and it did work fine then the battary went dead, charger the battary and now the tach does not work at all, clock is working fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts