Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear bottom of the outer rocker panel has a squared notch in it where it meets the outer wheel house. Does the outer wheel house butt up against the outer rocker panel at this notch or is there an opening left for possibly drainage. Anyone have a picture from underneath the car where these two pieces meet? tia

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Midlife, thats exactly what I was referring too. The opening just rearward of the drain on the outer rocker panel. Your picture also shows the hole in the outer wheel house that I hadnt been able to get an answer about whether it should plugged, welded up or left open. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
19,259 Posts
Are you talking about the hole on the flat plate that overlays the inner wheel house? There's metal right behind the hole, so it beats me why the hole is there, except possibly for alignment purposes during construction.

The other "hole" on the rocker was filled with something on the right side, but the left side was clear. The left side rocker had been replaced, however. I don't think the filling on the right side is correct, though....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Midlife that hole that overlaps the inner wheel house is the one I questioned as to what the heck it was for. No one seems to know. But it sure is place for rust to start. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts