Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
13,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend is rebuilding his 65 coupe's front end. What experience have any of you had? Heard good things about Canadian, Laurel Mountain and Mustang Plus. Thanks, Stan

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
The front suspension is quite simple. I recommend either Moog components or the Kits from Performance Suspension Technologies (they have a web site). Moog with either sell you new, reconditioned or rebuild your units. Excellent quality

·
Registered
865 Posts
Check with your local Mustang stores. I bought Pro Products which is now owned by Scott Drake. These parts are very good quality

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I just spoke with a guy I met at a car show here who has a very nice 66 FB BTW. He purchased his front end parts from the Bramletts at Mustangs Plus and was very happy with the components. I will probably get my stuff from Laurel or Canadian Mustang using midolyne bushings, which both offer.

G

·
0 Posts
I just finished doing a suspension rebuild on my daughters 66 coupe ! I got my super suspension kit from Laurel Mountain Mustang and was real pleased with the kit and the service . I did get one tierod end that was wrong i called and they shipped me one out the same day to reloace the incorrect one ! I plan on doing more ordering from them in the future. As for the job to rebuild the suspension it was easy as falling off a log ...LOL I did the work in my yard under a shade tree with tools i already had .Execpt for the spring compresser that i got from autozone . The worst part of the whole job was the front leaf spring bolt i had to use a sawzall to cut the bolt and it fought me till the end on both sides /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts