Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 Mustang with standard interior that has never had seat belts. Does anyone know where to find a complete set of original looking seatbelts for front and back without paying an arm and a leg? I have a 1 1/2 year old daughter and need to attach her carseat in the back so we can take drives. I want to start her off young. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Dallas Mustang sells remanufactured Original seat belts, with new webbing and mounts for $25 a seat outright with no core charge on their seconds program. These belts have scratches in the plastic, or imperfect chrome on the underside of the buckle, but are fully functional. I have survived 17 car crashes, and one helicopter crash, and believe in seat belts. I would not buckle up my kids into 35 year old used nasty dry rotted seat belts.

Bob Hendrick
[email protected] ebay +82
1514 Braeburn
Richardson TX 972 783 4731

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mustangs Unlimited sells new generic seat belts for $15 per seat. They are all black (except the button) and look okay. I plan to put some in my '65 back seat. I will paint over the red "press" button.
Keep in mind it's pretty hard to get a carseat tightened properly in a car with non-retractable belts unless you can work it so that it buckles, and is able to tighten, next to the carseat as opposed to in the middle. It's real hard to reach into the "tunnel" of the carseat in order to tighten it.

'68 Coupe, Modified 289 w/ Holley blower
'65 Convertible (future 66 Shelby GT350 clone)
427 S/C Cobra Replica

1 - 7 of 7 Posts