Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay I was on my bike riding to work and in the middle of SanJose, Ca and on north bound 101 in traffic was a beautiful white '65 Shelby (can't be certain it wasn't a clone, I'm not up on what to look for) with double blue stripes, shiny chrome wheels. Sweet. I didn't care for the blacked out side windows but thats a personal taste. I great looking steed. I gave him a thumbs up and rode on.

Michael G.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I saw a Cobra in dowtown Petaluma yesterday. Probably a kit car. Looked nice. . .

Black primer 66 coupe, bench seat, 302, C-4, 3.55 TSD.
879 posts as "66 bench-coupe" on old VMF.
robert94928 on Yahoo Messenger

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,754 Posts
If it's done right, the only way to tell an original from a clone is by the Vin number and the Shelby ID tag!
Oh yea... and the price difference!

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!!!
66 200 3-spd Coupe - emberglo, daily driver
65 289 4-spd Conv - Rangoon Red (what else)
66 Shelby - Red and Ready to be Restored

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yesterday I just saw a 65 GT350 H. Hey Shanman, or anyone else in LB, have you seen it before. Wondering if he's a local, or just a passerby!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
There are two in Petaluma I've run across; a red one and a blue one, Robert. They were nicely built.

...modified '65 convertible...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If were talking about Shelby's. I've seen quiet a few on the road and also at car shows. At this one car show I go to every week there is this guy who owns one the of the original shelbys that Carrol Shelby racing team us to race with. The car has is all original. I was amazed when I saw the car for the first time. The owner said he paid a pretty big amount for it.

- Just one more fight and I'll be history yes I will straight up leave your [censored] and you'll be the one who's left missing me (yeah) this time I'm a let it all come out this time I'm a stand up and shout I'm a doing things my way. -Limp Bizkit

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
haven't seen one in LB, but there a few really nice ones in Orange County. My buddy has the nicest clone I have ever seen. In many ways, it is a better car than the originals, but has ALL the original Shelby stuff. It's white with blue stripes too...matches his new Harley.

Shannon a.k.a. The ShanMan! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
66' Vintage Burgundy C-code coupe
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571656&a=12306481&p=42935059&Sequence=2.jpg

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Was on the Gold Coast (Australia) durung the week.
Saw a black (or very dark blue) 67 shelby with white strips.
Boy those things are just hot. Look even better moving than standing still.
Would put a horn on a jelly fish!!

If in doubt give it a clout
If at first you don't succeed , find a bigger hammer
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1584152&a=12055089&p=43600042&Sequence=15&res=high.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright! finally some people from long beach. I havent seen that gt350H but there is a really nice 66 red shelby gt350 with white stripes running around by where i live. I dont know if its real or not but looks good. I see it once in awhile on warm sunny days. Last week I saw a blue AC Cobra in Seal Beach. It probably was some kit car but it looked really nice going down the street.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
65's aren't as popular IMHO to fake as 66's are. 65 are too plain. We faked one back in the mid 70's and everyone thought it wasn't a Shelby only because it didn't have side scoops, quarter windows and a Shelby gas caps.. Just glad these people never saw a real 65. ;)

Jeff Speegle
MCA Shelby Gold Card

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6473
Mustang & Shelby research, documentation

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1609818&a=12284202&p=44925357&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts