Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a complete newbie both to this forum and to Mustang restoration. My apologies if the question has already been answered in the archives, but I couldn't find it with a search.

I'm trying to adjust my steering gearbox. I have the locknut off, but I don't have a wrench large enough to fit the adjusting nut that fits around the steering column at the gearbox. Does anyone know what size wrench it takes so I don't have to go back and forth to the store exchanging wrenches? ;)

Here's a picture that will hopefully illustrate what I'm trying to do:

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the link. It is a good reference site! Unfortunately, I already have the information on it, and, as far I can tell, it doesn't answer my question.

All I'm looking for is the size of the input shaft bearing nut. It's not a terribly big deal. I can get a wrench and take it back if it doesn't fit. I'm just looking to save a little time when I get to work on my pony again in a couple of weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts