Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just replaced all the wiring in my 65 mustang using stock wiring from NPD. i'm testing that everything works before i get it all put back together and so far most things are working (headlights, taillights, brake lights, fog lights, radio, courtesy lights, wiper, rally pac). but the turn signals aren't working. question is, do i need to have the horn assembly back in place for those to work right? presently i have the cluster out and the steering wheel/horn contact out (have a new Grant adapter kit on order because one of the wires coming from the hub was cut/missing). hoping that is the issue?

thanks!
Greg

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
The horn assembly does not need to be in place for the turn signals to work. Does your turn signal switch have 2 spring loaded contacts for the horn ('65) or a single contact ('64.5)?
If you search "Grant" on this forum you will find hundreds of posts telling horror stories about the pizz poor quality of the Grant horn button. I would advise you to return the Grant and get a GT Performance kit. It costs more but you'll be glad you did. The GTP kit will work with Grant steering wheels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2 contacts. (See picture attached).
Well I was hoping that was the issue. I installed a new turn signal switch as well as a new flasher module (because I converted to the led sequential taillights). I have checked all the wiring to make sure the right things are connected. Any suggestions??
thanks
Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts