Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had to remove the "strut rod cross arms" to mount the large bracket CPP sent with their kit. Notice it is used to mount the "wider" lower control arms. The CPP upper control arms were installed with the "Shelby Mod". I used stock GT coil springs and a 1" sway bar for a softer ride. I have since removed 1/4 coil off the coil springs to lower front end a bit. Street or Track brand roller spring perches, Unisteer Power Rack connected to a tilt IDIDIT column, front brakes are MustangSteve kit 2007 GT. Wheel spokes hit caliper and had to use 1/4" spacers for front wheels or use late model wheel. I might take the front discs off after the 45th and put something on that fits without spacers. You can't really see much of it in the pic, but we used a Summit wiring harness. (lower left corner first pic)

Second pic courtesy of CPP's web page of the front suspension kit.

http://www.classicperform.com/

Third pic is a shot of engine installed with new front suspension.

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm considering the CCP lower a-arm kit. Just not looking forward to the strut rod mount removal.

Looks good!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smoothed Firewall

Removed the heater fan and went with the Old Air Products Hurricane A/C & Heat with dehumidified defrost in the dash. (not under) Filled all the factory holes on firewall including brake, a/c, heater, clutch and wiring. I guess the gas pedal hole needs to stay put!

Second pic are the Tin Man sub-frame connectors being installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ready for the engine!

Where is my engine!

Also pic of rear frame connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuel Cell

Fuel cell installed.

Now hide the fuel cell!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Underdash Hydraulics

Ordered this from Mad Max at RRS. I like the firewall smooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Engine Pic

Hooker Competition headers clear rack and so does the Shelby oil pan. Everything fit close but it does fit. BTW, I am using adjustable motor mounts and my engine is set back a bit so the elec fan would clear radiator. (This engine is no longer in car, nor did I use the Edlbrk RPM Intake, went with a Shelby intake)

Magnaflow stainless exhaust kit.

Third picture is a shot of engine bay at the indoor Yellow Rose Show in Fort Worth. (Aug. 2009) If you look closely at the front bumper you can see the shaved bumper bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Battery Boost? & Exhaust

Jumper cable connection, that I hope I never have to use!

BTW battery is in the trunk.

Third pic is the Magnaflow Stainless exhaust kit installed. Muffler shop had to "work it" a bit. I really like the sound. No drone at speed.

The rear end is a 1958 Ranchero 9" shortened, late model ends welded on and FORD Racing rear disc brake kit and Strange 28 spline axles. The gears are FORD 3.89 with a four pinion Trac Loc set up by Danny's Differentials in Tulsa, OK.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
unitedwestand212 said:
I'm considering the CCP lower a-arm kit. Just not looking forward to the strut rod mount removal.

Looks good!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Underdash Hydraulics

http://www.rrs-online.com/index.php

Email them from their web page for prices. Not cheap, no instructions, took 8 weeks to get and did not include the slave unit for clutch.

Conversation Bling at shows is priceless.

I get a lot of questions about the location of the power brake and master cylinder.

Engine pic shows the EGR valve plugged. The "Open Letter Tall Cobra" valve covers came from Tony Branda and have no "baffle" to prevent oil getting sucked into carb. Had to plug till we get correctly engineered valve covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interior shot

(picture courtesy of 65Fastback434)

Interior shot featuring: Kenwood DVD Navigation / Reciever with reverse activated rear camera. MustangsPlus shifter with custom white shift knob shifting a World Class T5 with a 3.89 FORD 9" Trak Lok. Brushed Aluminum JME Billet Bezel w/Auto Meter Phantom Gauges. Pontiac Fiero GT Seats with G-Force Competition 4 point seat belts. Custom console with power window switches and engine "Start" button. Chrome fire extinguisher and bracket. Shaved and painted dash. Old Air Products Hurricane in dash AC/Heat and dehumidified defrost. Directional AC vents in radio slot and on lower dash corners. Power door locks, Pony Interior, Painted Branda "back seat useable" roll bar. Painted tilt IDIDIT column, Shelby Style steering wheel, and Console mounted Lokar emergency brake. Key fob activated power windows and door locks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jeff69 said:
man thats a beautifull interior on that car i would love to see more pics if you got any.
Thanks! After the 45th car went back in the shop for some minor tweaking. When we get it back, look for more pics.

Room for some BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Boyd Coddington Sultan Old School Wheels 17x8 with 4 3/4" Back space on all four corners. BFG tires. Front pictured with the 2007 Mustang GT Disc Brakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CCP Test Drive Results

Atlanta Steve said:
I saw this car in person. It's an incredible ride. Beautiful.

can't wait to hear how that CPP worked for you.

Steve

I got it out today for the first time and did some "vigorious" driving. What a difference, the rack is tight along with the steering. It actually drives like a new car. I jerked it around at speed and it handled flat and tight. The turning radius is 3.5 turns and the suspension responded as expected. It did not drive like a vintage mustang. Did not notice any bumpsteer and car steered flat. Very nice upgrade and would recommend.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: Smoothed Firewall

Can I get a few pics of how you mounted and ran the heater and A/C. I'm doing the smoothed firewall as well and still want a heater and possible A/C. Just not sure how to run it with the smooth firewall. Thax.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Smoothed Firewall

wildhorse629 said:
Can I get a few pics of how you mounted and ran the heater and A/C. I'm doing the smoothed firewall as well and still want a heater and possible A/C. Just not sure how to run it with the smooth firewall. Thax.
I will post pics of the engine compartment and hidden wiring & a/c heater hoses. BTW they enter under the former battery box area and route under the passenger fender. My a/c compressor is on the botton passenger side of the engine. I am using a March Front Runner System. (Picture courtesy of MARCH)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hidden AC Heater Hose

Here is a pic of the ac/heater hose that is routed under the passenger fender.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 64 Posts