Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the repo Dash pads that come in white? I was wondering if they match the white on the seats and door inserts or if they are an ugly white that comes from the factory with the requirement of future dye work to get a custom color that the owner wants.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
There were never any white dashpads offered (nor are there any being produced currently). The problem would be a very harsh/bright reflection up onto the windshield. It would be nearly impossible to see through to drive. There are currently neutral-colored dashpads available, however. They're kind of a buff or egg shell color. That must be the "ugly white" color you're referring to. Yes - they are meant to be dyed - and usually give great results.

If your plan is for some custom, all white interior - I would strongly urge you to reconsider the dashpad (and carpet!).

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I agree with Dan....you might want to consider white w/blak or red appointments. My fastback originally came with the white/black combo..(white seats,headliner,wheel,door panels,visors,metal dash parts..and black carpet,dashpad,armrests) The original color(extior was Raven Black..I dont know if it is gonna be that color again, but I am going to try to repaint it something that will go with the white/black...IMO I think it looks pretty sharp ;)

Joe

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
i have a white ( not painted) dash pad in my 65 vert !! if they never made or repoed them where did mine come from??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts