Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did all 65 coupes come with the wiper washer feature? My car only has one wiper speed, and no fluid bag, or the jets or anything to support a washer system. I always figured it was just an option my car didn't have, but am now thinking that maybe it was removed by the previous owner, and never put back.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm no concours man, but I think washers were an option until at least '66, and maybe even then. Main thing to check for would be a round hole between the inner fender and the wiring bulkhead near the master cylinder. I've heard that might be there even without washers though, so it's probably not a definitive answer unless the hole has not been knocked out.

-Brian

66restomod's Home Page
[color:red]Updated: 4/13/2001</font color=red>
"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable."-Eisenhower

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Correct, the '65s came with single speed wipers as standard and washer was an option as was the 2 speed wiper and washer. Be careful if you harvest a washer system from a '66 and stuff it into a '65, they're alittle different from each other. Just make sure you use a '65 switch with '65 wiring and washer pump.

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts