Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car body is actually a '65 with the wiper system in place. I am installing the wiring harness and wiper switch from a '66 that I believe had a single speed wiper with washer.

The wiper system switch and wiring seems to plug into the wiper motor correctly. There is a 3 prong connector on the motor and a ground connection. The harness plugs into that with no problem.

There is a single wire that goes through the firewall just above the multi-pin connector behind the driver's side hood hinge. (punching that hole was a different problem - solved).

There is an orange wire with white tracer that looks like it should plug into the main wiring harness to a like colored wire.

There is the black wire that goes to the washer pump and a white wire that appears to feed the black wire thru the pull to wash part of the wiper switch. I cannot figure out where the white wire should go. It has a male bullet connector on it. I have looked through both the '65 and '66 manuals and the enlarged wiring diagrams with no luck.

Any advice or diagrams appreciated.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Single speed wiper motors/switches do not have the same wiring configuration as two-speed wiper motors/window washers. To make the washer work with single speed wipers, you'll have to add a momentary switch below the edge of the dash. To wire you need 12 volt acc source voltage from the fuse block or wiper power feed on the harness. Wire this to the momentary switch and then from the switch to the washer motor (pump). To operate requires two switch actions, turning on the wipers and pressing the momentary switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts