Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Fastback
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm slowly piecing together an entire '66 2+2 rear folding seat assembly and found this dedication website was quite helpful in learning the differences between 65-70 year panels and hardware:
http://www.thecoralsnake.com/griffith2

However, can anyone confirm if the two large rear seat frames (back & bottom) are interchangeable across the years? Meaning, can I find 1968 fastback rear folding seat frames and then just buy the correct '66 seat foam and upholstery?

Also, any tips for confirming used parts are OEM Ford, not old reproductions? Will the panels be stamped FoMoCo or Ford?

Thanks!
Brent

·
Registered
36,567 Posts
The 65-70 fastback rear seat frames were completely interchangeable. So was the foam. I don't recall ever seeing any markings of any kind on frames. Identification was by tags, which are often gone. Repro frames haven't been around long enough to be old.

The seat frames were identical whether the seat folded down or not.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I've got numerous sets of rear fb seats if you can't find any closer to you. I'm in Eastern Iowa

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Fastback
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thanks for the info. I’m finding sets locally but I wanted to research the differences before buying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts