Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, well let me tell you about the engine. First off its a V6-200 cu. in. I think the engine was bored over by the previous owner but I don't know. The car really goes fast for a 200 cu. in. At a stop light I can hit 45 mph when I pass the light, I've never seen a 200 cu. in ever do that and that goes for my mom. She has driven probably all the fast cars. I've raced against my sister a couple of times. She has a '67 mustang with a 289 cui. in. and I've smoke her including my mom also who owns a '66 mustang with a 200 cu.in. also. It's pretty cool to think that I can beat my mom with this car except for the fact she owns a 2000 mustang which she uses to kick my ass. But my question is my car has this go-cart sound to it. Can it be the muffler system or is it lifter noise. I have no clue about it because I won't touch the engine. I feel like I will break it in some way, so I will leave it to the professionals. If any one who can answer my question would be much appreciated by me. Thanks

- Just one more fight and I'll be history yes I will straight up leave your [censored] and you'll be the one who's left missing me (yeah) this time I'm a let it all come out this time I'm a stand up and shout I'm a doing things my way. -Limp Bizkit

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not afraid to open the hood of my car. It's just I won't touch the engine, because if I do something wrong on the engine I'm without a car. Look on your phone and de-code this buddy 3825-968

- Just one more fight and I'll be history yes I will straight up leave your [censored] and you'll be the one who's left missing me (yeah) this time I'm a let it all come out this time I'm a stand up and shout I'm a doing things my way. -Limp Bizkit

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
You, your mom and your sister spend your free time drag racing mustangs down the streets of California? Your family is either very cool or very disfunctional! What's dad doing during all this drag racing?

I've driven a few I-6 Stangs, and that is indeed a pretty peppy little engine. I question whether it could blow off Mom's 289 Stang though. I'm kinda thinking maybe she let you win, one of those motherly sacrafice things.

A company called Clifford Performance makes cool stuff for the I-6, particularly headers, intake system, engine dress-up stuff etc.

DanM
66 Coupe, check her out at http://www.66CoupeNW.stangnet.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, relax. 66BOSS351 is just saying that the engine you have is a straight six and not a V6. As for the go cart sound you'll have to be more specific as to what noise your talking about. Are you talking about the "putt putt" exhaust noise you get from a I6 and stock exhaust or is there some engine noise you can't identify?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We only do it sometimes, not all the time. But about me beating my mom, my answer would be a 6cylinder can beat an 8cylinder any day, it just depends on the driver. Oh, and my mom lets no one win, in my family you have to earn it, no matter if your on the road or at home. I forgot about dad, dad doesn't live with us any more because my mom and dad are divorced. He definitely doesn't like the drag racing, but I like it. You forget my mom drives a 200 cu.in like me, it's my sister that has the 289 and yes I can beat her due to the fact that her car has a lot of weight on it. My car doesn't have all that junk on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts