Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I understand that the BLACK/YELLOW wire goes to the BAT connection on the alternator, the WHITE wie goes to the FLD connection on the alternator, the BLACK/RED wire goes to the GRD on the alternator wire, but where does the BLACK/RED wire with the large eyelet connect? I suspect the ground on the engine? If so (ground on the engine), does it connect to the bolt beside the eyelet in the picture below, or just a little lower on the block where the ground wire for the battery connects to the block?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
On mine, the black/red wire was attached to the same place as the battery ground. The bolt just below the one in your picture.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Mine does the same as ophthos said, But mine has a stud/bolt setup I think it also has the automatic transmission lines supported.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
This should help you a bit....

:eek:)

Tony K.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Old thread...got it.

What is the benefit of the battery ground and alternator ground being located at the same spot?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Electrically they are at the same potential.
Mechanically, it is less work to tighten one bolt and make two connections. Saved Ford a few pennies on a bolt. That is more than enough for old Henry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts