Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a bracket that holds/attaches the metal vacuum line to the back of the 289/bellhousing on a 66 289 with a C4? Reading older post, it seems that the metal line "floats"along the transmission between the two rubber lines that (vacuum port and modulator). Yes, I understand that there is a small bracket for the line on the C4 transmission just ablve the modulator, but nothing attaching it to the back of the block?

Thanks for everyone patience with basic questions, just about finished with my I6 to V8 conversion.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Yes there is a mild stamped steel bracket that goes there and the line clips in it. I'm already in for the night or I'd supply you a pic

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Mine was also a I6 to V8 conversion by the previous owner. Mine had a metal connection tube to the manifold, then a short piece of rubber then a longer metal tube down the tunnel then another shot hose to connect to the modulator. Not sure what stock was but I did have a bracket attached to the ball housing. See attached.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts