Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best motor mount to use for a daily driven, slightly modified 289 block? I've used the stock mounts available from Discount Auto Parts the last time and they have separated (3.5 Yrs) I 'm sure this is the cause of the vibaration I feel at 75+ mph. I've replaced any bad parts of the suspension, done a front end alignment, trued and balanced the tires. I put the jack under the oil pan and lifted it up and I could see light between the mounts. If I remember right, they shouldn't do that :eek:. So I hope that I would only have to do this one time ( I had a front end 30mph accident that may have caused this ). The TCP 's look good but $250 is a bit much. If I spend that kinda $$$$ I'll have to do it myself otherwise I'll let the mechanic do this one if they are more $$$$ friendly ones available.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
ive looked into this one before and i didnt find alot of options.. the TCP were one but i wasnt willing to spend 250 for them ... what i ended up doing was bracing the engine with some parts from the local hardware store. for the life of me i cannot remember the name of the hardware used.. but its a metal tensioner of sorts running from my block near the driver side cylinder head down into the frame . DODGESTANG has the exact same setup though, and to my knowledge he has had no trobules yet with his 408, and i havent had any problems with my modified 289. prior to doing this id mangle stock mounts every 6 months it seemed.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Resto, how did you hook it up to the frame? That may explain what it was you used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts