Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

881 - 900 of 991 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,124 Posts
I was just wondering if that 3.00 locker was rebuildable and if it was going to work for you, and here I see you've been fishing and spraying the cowl... :LOL:

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
4,351 Posts
Need me to come down and get it out of your way? I know shop space is limited and I’m here to help.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Well I don't see a STRAIGHT monte carlo bar in this picture...

Not doing a dual bowl MC?

John

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #892 ·
Well I don't see a STRAIGHT monte carlo bar in this picture...

Not doing a dual bowl MC?

John
I have two characters that give me hell at every turn (then there's the actual car doing the same thing). I've been schooled that the MC bar adds "marginal" strength. Trying to stay original as possible, I decided to do the export brace as it seems that is more bang for my buck if you will. BTW, It's amazing how much the fender aprons moved when installing the export brace. I have a hydraulic spreader that made that fairly easy....

I had a dual bowl but going back to the original theme.

Inside joke on the Bronze MCA, Mark knows I'm going for Silver.... :rolleyes: 😠:LOL:

Allen

·
Premium Member
6,124 Posts
I CALL SHOTGUN !!!

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
4,351 Posts
What’s with all that rust?

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #895 ·
What’s with all that rust?
Now there's a question. The car had been in my warehouse (not climate controlled) with absolutely non of the bare metal parts that had been cleaned up having formed any surface rust. I am amazed that all of these parts have the surface rust now once back in my possession. I guess it was the environment it was in.

I will take care of it, bit by bit as it stands out like a sore thumb....

Now the intake manifold is completely on me. Had a fuel leak on the carburetor and it got the paint. I've got to clean and freshen all of that up also. I'm surprised you didn't call me out on that...

Allen

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,681 Posts
Al, don't put the hood latch on just yet. Loosen the 4 bolts on the hood just enough so they you can lower it down slowly. Then tweak it to where you want it. Get your edges lined up with the sides of your cowl. Then raise it carefully and snug the 2 rear bolts. Lower the hood again to make sure it's where you want it to be. If it's good snug all 4 bolts. If not then try again, you'll get it if you're patient. Then work on the fenders for final fit.

881 - 900 of 991 Posts