Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a guy on the 64-66 parts page selling an am/fm [factory]rare i know!
wants 2500 for it cash,you can ask whatever you want i know that to,
my question is this,
how do you pay cash for something like that?,he only wants cash no money orders,nothin else
just cash,
hes got a blank bio,i havent got a clue where he is
im sure not going to send 2500$ thru the mail!!
what would yo guys do? or expect from him?
Dave

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmmmm, my momma always told me if it smells don't eat it, this may be a an honest person but I think your concern speaks volumes. A money order is as good as cash, if not better! I would walk away.......

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A fool and his money are soon parted....

Not to call you a "fool" but anyone who falls for this has to have his head examined.

First, I would never pay that much for that item even it was brand new NOS in the box with Carrol Shelby's own signature on it....

Second, only way I would ever pay "something" for it with those buyers terms would be to see it in person first. Then, hand over cash....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just saw a 65 AM/FM radio for sale from a car radio restoration business on the web for 1000 and that was refurbished (if I remember correctly). Pretty sure it was no where near 2500. The only other catch was that they also wanted a core.
Your deal sounds suspicious to me.

John

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Pass. If YOU are willing to spend $2500 for one, you can certainly get one for 1/2 or less, and not need cash.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I have an original 65 (date coded on the cardboard tag and how many 65's were made?) AM/FM in excellent condition and I noted with interest the $1000 awhile back. If someone offered me $2500 for it I would have to sell it. I didn't think they were worth $1000 yet, as I've see nice ones in the $800 range. I even have 2 of the replica AM/FM's that were made about 10 years ago. They are EXACTLY like the original faceplates but are 40W stereo. The orig was a whopping 14W mono!!! If you really need one, I'd even go $2400 and I'll take a M.O.!! If someone really has to pay 2X or 3X value, I'm in, but I'd really keep looking, if I were you!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx guys,i thought it was me that was me freeking out,or doing something wrong.
NO,i dont really want to pay 2500 for an am/fm,i`ll just stay on the lookout
thanx again Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts