Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a question regarding an Autolite 2100 carburator for a '66(tag is missing but base plate says 6 DE which should mean C6DF E?).

Last weekend i put a rebuild kit in it from Carquest and put all new gaskets on the intake and spacer.. I did not run this carb before but the jets that were in were 53 F.

It seems to me that this carb is much richer then my previous carb (2100 from a '65). So i put in 50 F jets, this still seemed a little rich but it was a lot better. I also get a small off idle(say 900 rpm) bog that disappears when i rotate in the idle mixture screws but when i after that let it idle again it is too lean... So i played something with float level up and down but this does not really help...

Now i would like to order some smaller jets..
Does somebody know what jet size should be in this carb? I looked in the Haynes manual but there are the 65/66 specifications not shown. What jet size should be common for a stock '66 with open hipo filter?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
What size 2100 is it? This is the large number in the circle on the side of the carb body. It should be between 1.08 and 1.23 - and denotes what CFM the carb is. You will need this info for the call, because the jets differ. I just rebuilt a 1.08, a 1.14 and a 1.23, and could not use the same jets for all three.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't called Pony Carbs yet because i live in the Netherlands and there is quite some time difference. My carb says 1.14 on the bowl side.. Was the jet size for the 1.14 also 50F?

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
I haven't called Pony Carbs yet because i live in the Netherlands and there is quite some time difference. My carb says 1.14 on the bowl side.. Was the jet size for the 1.14 also 50F?
Indeed it is, according to Bob Mannel's bible (Mustang and Ford Small Block V8).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts