Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wrapping up a few things on my drive line installation, but have come to a point of confusion. Now, the trans kick down spring is missing, so I know I have to order one of those, but my question is is what does it attach to/anchor to on the transmission, on the side opposite of the kick down cable?

Seems like every search I do, either the diagrams don't show the back side of the spring, or the pictures that people have taken only show the side of the spring that hooks onto the kick down cable, but not the anchor point.

I've seen on a couple online photos, this bracket mounted to the trans servo cover https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/bracket_accelerator_return_spring_and_kick_down_spring-107317-1.html However, NPD lists it as being for a 2v/2 barrel. Did the 4 barrel cars use something different, or is this the part I need?

Apparently, if my trans had something it's missing now

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was working on the car this evening, and I noticed that the kick down lever on the trans seems to snap back on it own pretty good. Must be some kind of internal spring in the trans? I wonder if mine doesn't even use a kick down lever return spring then, and maybe that's why I'm having so mush trouble finding anything in the forum and internet searches for A code/4 barrel kick down return spring bracket? (Everything I find in forum search seems to be for 2 barrel, or different year mustangs) But that said, I'd assume the C code, and A code would use the same tranny?....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine was the same way. Someone probably lost the bracket along the way - it goes along with the lower right bolt. I just clipped mine to the underside in the same general area. Seems to be holding ok for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts